The U.S. Has More Than 467,000 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases — These Are the 5 Worst-Hit States
As of 10:39 a.m. Friday, there were 467,184 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the United States, according to the coronavirus tracking database maintained by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.
These are the 5 worst-hit states:
- New York: 161,807 confirmed cases
- New Jersey: 51,027 confirmed cases
- Michigan: 21,504 confirmed cases
- California: 20,223 confirmed cases
- Massachusetts: 18,633 confirmed cases
New York state makes up 35% of the total cases in the country.